Saturday, March 31, 2012

16





img 1 - Isabel Marant Etoile grey knit dress, Lover lace 'Christina' dress
img 2 - Karen Walker breton stripe t-shirt, Karen Walker denim skirt, Celine black 'Cabas' tote
img 3 - ASOS grey suede aviator jacket, Karen Walker paperbag waist dress

New purchases for the month of March. As I have probably mentioned a few times, I’ve been making a concerted effort to shop smarter, so that I can both cut down on what can quite often spiral into out of control shopping habits, and also form a wardrobe that is completely wearable for my lifestyle, and full of pieces that I love. This has meant that I’ve started keeping track of all the purchases that I’ve made, and also considering whether I really need something. I tend to get a little obsessive-compulsive when it comes to lists, and my desire to keep my wardrobe total under 100 allows me to limit myself somewhat. I suppose this means shopping will eventually become a one-in, one-out process, but thankfully I’m not there yet.

This past month has resulted in eight new purchases (one of which isn’t pictured, as it is currently on its way to me in the post), which is four more than I was expecting. Unfortunately you can’t predict when something you have been hunting for will pop up on sites like eBay, and as my new habits aren’t supposed to be restrictive, I decided to just “roll with it” and not deny myself. My biggest revelation is that only one of the items I bought is new, and that was essentially an item I had ordered a few months back. I’ve been avoiding making purchases in the shops, bar picking up any outstanding laybys, and instead turning to websites like eBay to track down what I think has been missing from my wardrobe, with much success.

I’m still continuously re-evaluating my wardrobe, yet what I’ve found is that I’m coming to a point where there isn’t anything I wish to part with. Over time, I imagine that my tastes will evolve slightly, and I will eventually decide to part with things that today, I wouldn’t imagine getting rid of, but I hope that day doesn’t come too quickly. Getting dressed with ease every morning is something I’ve been relishing!


3 comments:

  1. What a great way to make sure your wardrobe is full of stuff you will always wear.

    Great idea & I am loving that KW Breton Tee! It's a classic.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing purchases, I especially love the suede jacket. Can't wait to see how you style it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice purchases - would have been so tempted by the short-sleeved version of that Lover dress if it weren't for my belly. March has been very restrained for me when I think about it - 3 new tops to accommodate the belly (total $55 from Country Road outlet), some leggings (dull necessity) and a nappy bag to put away for future use. Am itching for some more exciting shopping, but will try to hold out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I always enjoy reading every single one :)