Wednesday, March 7, 2012

10





Helmut Lang blazer; Equipment blouse; Lover skirt; Givenchy heels

Considering the number of times that I have worn this Helmut Lang blazer in the last two weeks, you would possibly think that I don't own any other blazers. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's ironic, that a piece I had felt mildly guilty about purchasing while in LA - my first American purchase that wasn't food might I add - has as I anticipated, become a real workhorse in my wardrobe. While I can't say for certain that all pieces that fall on the slightly more expensive end of the purchasing scale are going to fall in the category, I find that timeless pieces like a black blazer or a white silk shirt will generally be regularly worn, unless these particular items don't fall within the confines of your lifestyle or personal taste.
And the shoes. I can't forget the shoes! I purchased these from Net-a-Porter over the Christmas break and for some reason hadn't yet pulled them out until today - although I think that they will be making a regular appearance on my feet from now on. I was drawn to the classic shape of Linkthe shoe, but the fun and interesting detail that the gold sequins add, and I was lucky to nab them in the sale. When it's the last pair, and they're in your size.. in the true words of a shopaholic, it's almost as though it's fate right?

13 comments:

  1. amazing heels!

    Polly with love)follow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Love those glitter pumps, Jamie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been OBSESSED with Equipment's button up shirts. Waiting to find the perfect one to invest in. There's nothing wrong at all with wearing an item often - it means it's definitely worth the money! And it looks great on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! I'm so glad that blazer was a good purchase, it looks amazing on you and it is a definite staple! And I LOVE the skirt!! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. the shoes <3

    belleattrait.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit, and those shoes are to die for!

    Joelyne
    The Sydney Girl
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I had no idea you were back blogging, until I read your interview on A Jaded Life's blog! Wonderful to see you back, I sorely missed your blog.

    I love this outfit so so so so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love everything in this look !
    especially your shoes !! <3

    http://petitepita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I always enjoy reading every single one :)