Saint James breton stripe top, Tibi pink silk pants, Zadig&Voltaire parka (similar), Ksubi denim cut-offs, Iosselliani stacked rings, Alexander Wang shoes, Isabel Marant necklace
Travel wishlist. Holidays abroad generally involve shopping. Whether you mean it to or not - well, perhaps that's just how it works for me. Having experienced post-holiday shopping regret a number of times in the past, I've since discovered that putting together a wish list pre-travel not only helps with staying on track to fill gaps or wants missing in your wardrobe, but also carries with it a satisfaction of knowing you bought something that you had been looking for. In saying that, there is always room for spontaneous purchases, I just find this method reduces that number and makes me think a little bit more before I buy.
On my travels, I'm hoping to pick up the following:
1. A new wallet - My current one I've had for about 4 years now, and while I like it, I find it unneccesarily bulky, and inconvenient to open the coin pocket as the zipper is broken. I'm hoping to pick one up in a colour other than black, to make it easy to spot in my handbag, and one that has only two sections rather than three.
2. Breton stripe tops - As far as I'm concerned, a girl can never have too many striped tops. I've bought a number over the years, some I've kept and some I haven't, and am hoping to pick some up in a couple different colour combos. If possible, one from Saint James would be nice.
3. Military style parka - This closet essential eludes me every single time. Permanently attached to my wish list I'm yet to find one that I like, so maybe this time I will be lucky. Makes me regret not picking one up at Sportsgirl all those years ago.
4. Classic shoes for day to day wear - While I can't claim a shoe shortage, I'd love to pick up a nice pair of leather shoes for every day wear, in a classic style that can be taken from work to play
5. Denim shorts - I never seem to be able to find the right type of denim shorts, they always end up being too short, too tight, or not the right colour. I've spied a pair at Zara that are worth trying on but I won't hold my breath.
6. A pair of trousers - While I've recently picked up a couple pairs of 'capri' pants, trousers are always something that I have struggled to find. I'll be keeping a lookout for a nice pair of trousers in a tapered style that I can wear with ballet flats or heels. An interesting print would be an added bonus, but ideally, I just want to find something comfortable, that looks good, and fits me well.
7. Jewellery - Both statement pieces and fine jewellery are on my list. I seem to have discovered the wonders that a large statement necklace can do for an outfit, and as such would like to accumulate a couple more if I can. I'm also looking forward to dropping by Corpus Christi in Paris to pick up a new necklace or two - the jewellery there is gorgeous.
Do you make up a wishlist before you head on holiday, or do you prefer to feel inspired to buy things in the moment?